CALL FOR JURY MEMBER
You are interested in being part of the international competition jury for the 7th edition of the Festival cinéma du monde de Sherbrooke?
We are looking for one candidate from the public to take part in deliberations with the four other members of the jury, to give these two awards:
- Cercle d’or for the Best feature film (among 5 films submitted to the jury)
- Cercle d’or for the Best documentary (among 5 films submitted to the jury)
As member of the jury, you will:
- Watch the films in competition to be submitted by the programming committee of the FMCS, which are :
- 5 feature films
- 5 long-length documentaries
The screenings will take place mainly at La Maison du Cinéma during the festival, April 2 to 9, 2020.
- Participate in two or three meetings to deliberate with the other members of the jury during the Festival.
As member of the jury, the FCMS offers you:
- An unlimited pass (Laissez-passer illimité) for the 7th edition of the Festival cinéma du monde de Sherbrooke.
- Meals will be taken care of for you and your fellow members of the jury during the screening and deliberation days.
Application deadline: March 1st, 2020
Terms and conditions
To participate to the call for jury application, you must:
- Live in the Estrie (when submitting the application and at least until April 9, 2020).
- Be 18 years of age and over.
- Be bilingual: French and English.
- Be present to the group screenings and deliberations before and between April 2 and 9, 2020.
- Fill in the participation form.
No need to be a cinematographic professional!
The Festival cinéma du monde de Sherbrooke will select finalists among the applications received, and one will be drawn at random from these finalists. The selection of the finalists will be made on a qualitative basis and considering the complementarity with the members of the jury.
The selected candidate will be contacted by email no later than March 6, 2020. The name of the candidate will be announced publicly on March 11, 2020.
A short biography and a photo will be requested and will be shared among with those of the other members of the jury on the Internet and on the printed visuals of the FCMS.