Submit a film
The Estrie region short films selection for the Festival cinéma du monde de Sherbrooke is a showcase for local filmmakers. Public can discover films and talents from here!
Filmmakers from the region are invited to submit their short films to the Cercle d’or award for short films in the Estrie region.
Short films received will be evaluated and selected by a jury of professionals. The 4 best films will be screened during the festival week. The finalist films will be announced in march 2018.
Among this selection, the jury will decide on the award recipient for the Cercle d’or – Meilleur court métrage de l’Estrie (Best regional short film of Estrie region). The winner will be revealed at the closing ceremony.
Filmmakers willing to take part in the contest have to submit their short films by filling the form below:
Deadline : February 2, 2018
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
– Short films from 5 to 30 minutes.
– Filmmakers must be residents of the Estrie region.
– The minimum age required to participate in the competition is 16.
– Short film must be produced from 2015 to 2018.
– The film must be submitted for the first time at FCMS.
– Film genres accepted are fiction, documentary, animation and experimental.
– Applicants may submit more than one film if they want to, maximum of 2 films.
– Complete applications will be prioritized.
– The winner will be revealed during the closing ceremony. The decision of the jury is final.
– The prize cannot be transferred or surrendered for cash.
You would like to submit a movie for the 2018 edition of the Festival cinéma du monde de Sherbrooke ? The form is available!
Deadline : January 8, 2018
The Festival cinéma du monde de Sherbrooke awards annually 3 Cercle d’or.
- Cercle d’or Best feature film
- Cercle d’or Best documentary, presented by TV5
- Cercle Best short film of Eastern Townships.
Two juries are formed:
- Jury of the international competition
This jury awards, among the international programming, the best feature film and the best documentary.
- Jury of the regional competition
Within its annual programming, the FCMS presents the Projection of short films of Eastern Townships emphasizing several movies of the region having been selected by a jury. Among these movies, the jury will award the price Cercle Best short film of Eastern Townships.
The selection of movies in competition will be revealed during the launch of the programming in mid-March 2018.
A Public Award – Radio-Canada is also awarded by the festival-goers among the movies of fiction.
Pocket film Competition – School Tournament
The School Tournament (Tournoi des écoles) is a short film competition for all high school students from participating schools in Sherbrooke.
This is a great opportunity for young people to express their creativity through the seventh art, to initiate themselves and to discover new talent and interests.